[Dune] Parallel alugrid gmsh reading

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Tue Jul 7 14:41:16 CEST 2015

Dear Jake,

As far as I am aware, the new alugrid module dune-alugrid allows parallel grid construction from the GMSH Reader, I have tested this functionality and it worked for me. Running a job in parallel (mpi), inserting vertices, elements, and maybe boundary segments, then simply calling factory.createGrid() should create a parallel alugrid, not a bunch of separated grid parts.

Also, I have recently written a new GMSH reader which can read curvilinear meshes, and reads the whole mesh in parallel, without the need of reading everything on rank 0. It is mostly operational and should see light very soon, the latest in mid September.

Greetings,
Aleksejs Fomins