[Dune] Building DUNE with Cmake: SuperLU

lriedel at iup.uni-heidelberg.de lriedel at iup.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 23 12:50:53 CEST 2015

Hello Christoph,

As you might have guessed I did not find this document before. Thank you!
However, adding the appropriate commands does not fix my problem.

In the CMakeLists.txt file in the <myproject>/src directory I added a line
for the flags:

add_executable("<myproject>" <myproject>.cc)
add_dune_superlu_flags("myproject")
target_link_dune_default_libraries("myproject")

and into the cmake/modules directory I copied the macros regarding SuperLU
(FindSuperLU.cmake and AddSuperLUFlags.cmake) of the dune-istl package -
just in case - and added them to the modules list. The
<myproject>Macros.cmake file there reads

find_package(ParMETIS REQUIRED)
include(AddParMETISFlags)
find_package(SuperLU REQUIRED)
include(AddSuperLUFlags)

However, the build system does mention neither SuperLU nor ParMETIS as
required, but as optional.
It still performs the necessary tests successfully:

-- Performing Test SUPERLU_MIN_VERSION_4_3 - Success
-- Found SuperLU: /Applications/DUNE/build/SuperLU_4.3/SRC

Still, the Linear Solver cannot be found:

 error: 'ISTLBackend_SEQ_SuperLU' in namespace 'Dune::PDELab' does not
name a type
   typedef Dune::PDELab::ISTLBackend_SEQ_SuperLU LS;

My CMake Flags:
    -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=none
    -DCMAKE_DISABLE_FIND_PACKAGE_MPI=TRUE
    -DUSE_SUPERLU=ON
    -DMPI_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/OpenMpi
    -DUG_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/UG
    -DSUPERLU_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/SuperLU_4.3
    -DBLAS_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/OpenBLAS/lib/libopenblas.a
    -DMETIS_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/METIS
    -DPARMETIS_ROOT=$INSTALLDIR/METIS
    <...>

Cheers,