[Dune] Building DUNE with Cmake: Linker error

lriedel at iup.uni-heidelberg.de lriedel at iup.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 23 14:25:30 CEST 2015

Dear Dune Developers,

I got a new problem now that my program compiles correctly.
Upon linking, i receive the error message that a certain library was not
found:

--- calling make for dorie ---
make
Scanning dependencies of target dorie
[100%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/dorie.dir/dorie.cc.o
Linking CXX executable dorie
ld: library not found for -ldevS
make[2]: *** [src/dorie] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/dorie.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
--- Failed to build dorie ---

I use a Mac OS X Yosemite with MacPorts. When compiling, my $PATH variable
is reset to the Macports/bin and /sbin path, among others.
I already stated the linker to use explicitly in the CMAKE_FLAGS:
-DCMAKE_LINKER=$INSTALLDIR/MacPorts/bin/ld

Do I need to change linker flags and/or directories?

Thank you again in advance,
Cheers,
Lukas Riedel