[Dune] Multilinear interpolation in Dune?

Atgeirr Rasmussen Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no
Tue Jun 2 12:36:10 CEST 2015

2. juni 2015 kl. 12:27 skrev Andreas Dedner <A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk>:

> Overall it depends on what you want to do with the interpolation.
>
> Perhaps doing the following would work quite easily:
> Use YaspGrid<5> (or SPGrid). Wrap it with a GeometryGrid and provide the values
> you want to interpolate as coordinate function. Then the geometry method on an entity
> of the GeometryGrid should give you your multilinear interpolation.
>
> If of course you want to find the value of the interpolation given a global (v,w,x,y,z) coordinate this
> will involve a search in Yasp/SPGrid to find the right entity...
>
> I would imagine that using that package is going to be more efficient for most applications.
> Andreas

That is an interesting idea, subverting somehow the grid geometry to do the job
of interpolation. I think you are right that it would be inefficient compared to a purpose-written
library, also I fear having to explain to people that this particular grid they see in the code is not
a simulation grid but a trick to do interpolation!

Atgeirr