[Dune] reading multiple tags with GmshReader

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri Jun 19 13:41:46 CEST 2015

Am Fri, 19. Jun 2015, 11:22:24 +0100 schrieb Ganesh Diwan:
> Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:22:24 +0100
> From: Ganesh Diwan <gcdiwan83 at gmail.com>
> To: Benedikt Oswald <benedikt.oswald at lspr.ch>, Christian Engwer
>  <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>, Oliver Sander
>  <sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de>, "dune at dune-project.org"
>  <dune at dune-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Dune] reading multiple tags with GmshReader
>

> > But perhaps you can answer some of them:
> > * Which information can be added as a tag. Is this restricted to int,
> >   or can it be arbitrary data, e.g. double values?
> >

> > As I understand the spec, and element can have an arbitrary positive
> > number of
> > integer tags.
> >

> @Christian, @Oliver : I do not know how Gmsh would write a double value in
> the tags but it could be useful to be able to do it. However not an
> immediate concern.

Tags a integral, so you cannot store real values in the .msh file there.  You
can have real values via a lookup table (which you have to supply seperately
though), or you can store them in a "view" in the .msh file in a $NodeData or
$ElementData section (but there is no support in dune for that).

> @Oliver :
>
> > Yes, that is possible.  The boundarySegmentToPhysicalEntity field actually
> > returns the first tag of each codim-1 entity.
> >

> I do not know how useful this is for me. For example, two boundary edges
> with the same physical or boundary tags can have different partition tags.
> For this reason, it is essential for me to extract all the tags for
> boundary edges as well.

I could not find "boundarySegmentToPhysicalEntity" anywhere in my dune-grid.
And anyway, it sounds like it would only help you in 2D and not 3D, since
codim(edge)!=codim(intersection) then.

> We have implemented a parallel gumsh reader that reads all the tags. Why
> > not try this?
> >

> @Benedikt: This sounds promising. I could not locate dune-curvilineargrid
> on Dune project page though.

I think they just did not get around to make it available publicly yet, so you
have to ask Aleksejs directly.  I'm putting him into the Cc.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

This message is protected by DoubleROT13 encryption
Attempting to decode it violates the DMCA/WIPO acts