[Dune] MPI version exception

Ganesh Diwan gcdiwan83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:26:09 CET 2015

Dear list

I have been trying to get Dune 2.4 working which I downloaded from Github.
I have both mpich v3.0.4 and lam 4 MPI implementations installed. Is this a
problem? What MPI implementation should I be using?

Invoking dunecontrol to build the modules gives me the following. Also
attached are the log files in dune-common/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/ folder.

--- going to build dune-common dune-geometry dune-grid dune-spgrid
dune-alugrid dune-istl dune-localfunctions dune-fem dune-typetree
dune-pdelab dune-multidomaingrid dune-solvers dune-grid-glue
dune-multidomain  ---
--- calling all for dune-common ---
--- calling vcsetup for dune-common ---
--- calling autogen for dune-common ---
Skipping dune-autogen because of CMake
--- calling configure for dune-common ---
 cmake -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=""   "/home/gcd3/Documents/dune_src/dune-common"
CMake Error at cmake/modules/DuneMPI.cmake:70 (message):
  Your MPI implementation is too old.  Please upgrade to an MPI-2.1
compliant
  version.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/DuneMacros.cmake:614 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:17 (dune_project)

See also
"/home/gcd3/Documents/dune_src/dune-common/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/home/gcd3/Documents/dune_src/dune-common/build-cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
--- Failed to build dune-common ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

Thank you
Ganesh