[Dune] debugging gridcheck

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 3 13:32:03 CET 2015

Am Tue,  3. Mar 2015, 12:01:42 +0100 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 11:50:11AM +0100, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
> > Dear Dune,
> >
> > So I run gridcheck now, and I get segmentation fault and absolutely no debug output.
> >
> > Can someone suggest how to debug it?
>
> e.g. gdb, valgrind, g++ -fsanitize=address
>
> or any combination

Just to save you from observing pinkt elephants: compile without optimizations
before you try gdb (i.e. with -O0, plus -g to get debug symbols).  Also, make
sure there is no -DNDEBUG when compiling (or provide -UNDEBUG to override it),
otherwise assert() will not fire and you will skip a lot of sanity checks.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know,"
pretend you don't know me.