[Dune] gridcheck.cc : Integral over outer normals is not always zero.

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch
Thu Mar 19 08:46:24 CET 2015

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your reply. I am using a volume grid. I misunderstood the warning. The confusion came from the fact that I use curvilinear elements, not a curvilinear 2D world, so I was puzzled as of how the curvature of the elements can affect the divergence theorem, and of course it can't.

So far my normals seemed fine, I was able to calculate the integral in Gauss theorem.

I will replicate this exact normal integral test, and if it passes, I will report a bug.

Thanks,
Aleksejs