[Dune] [Dune-devel] Migration to gitlab.dune-project.org

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 30 09:27:33 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

> Am 29.10.2015 um 18:03 schrieb Steffen Müthing <steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de>:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> after a short email exchange with Christian, I agree that we want to complete the move
> to gitlab.dune-project.org (at least for write access) as soon as possible - otherwise we
> just create a giant mess.
>
> In that light, I will disable all write access to the core module repositories via
> git.dune-project.org tomorrow morning at 9:00 CET.

All write access to the old repositories at git.dune-project.org has been disabled. I’ll set up an
automatic mirroring from gitlab to the old repositories later today.

Here is some information on how to update your existing local repositories to make them talk
to the new server that I originally posted to the PDELab mailing list, but it should also be useful
for everybody else:

If you have an existing repository for dune-typetree, dune-pdelab or
dune-pdelab-howto, you can switch to the new server by running the following command
inside your local repository:

git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.dune-project.org/pdelab/dune-pdelab.git

Alternatively, if you want to use SSH (and have uploaded an SSH key to GitLab), write

git remote set-url origin ssh://git@gitlab.dune-project.org:22022/pdelab/dune-pdelab.git

You can also find those URLs if you open the project in your browser
(e.g. https://gitlab.dune-project.org/pdelab/dune-pdelab) and look near the top of that page.

If you used a different name than origin for your remote, replace origin in those git commands,
and adjust the name of the remote repository (e.g dune-typetree.git instead of dune-pdelab.git).

Steffen