[Dune] dune-istl does not find parmetis

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Sep 6 23:52:10 CEST 2015

Hi Aleksejs Fomins <aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch> schrieb:

> Say I want to compile dune-istl with parmetis using the
>attached opts
> file. The parmetis is not found by cmake, and the error is:
> #include<metis.h> - file not found
>
> I have checked that this problem can be solved by copying
>metis.h into
> the parmetis include directory next to parmetis.h. But this
>is clearly
> not the desired solution.

I don't use ParMETIS myself, so maybe I am wrong or I remember
wrongly. But your described way is the one I used since
ParMETIS 4. I think I wrote the author of ParMETIS and he
promised me to fix that. That did not happen.
Maybe I mix this up with an other bug. In any case, is the
behavior of CMake compared to Autotools? What about ParMETIS
3.2
and 4.0.x?

Bye
Christoph

--
Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis