[Dune] dune-alugrid / dune-grid

Martin Rückl mrueckl at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 6 17:20:44 CEST 2016

Hi Guys,
I am about to update my own dune based code to 2.4.1 and run into some
issues. Ive cloned the git repos for;

    dune-common
    dune-grid
    dune-localfunctions
    dune-pdelab
    dune-alugrid
    dune-typetree
    dune-geometry
    dune-istl

Then i did a

    dunecontrol git checkout releases/2.4

which worked. Then i did a

    dunecontrol all

wich did build all libraries with cmake. So far so good. Now in my own
project i have a FindDune.cmake file which finds libraries and include
directories all the dune-module from above.

Now I have some questions:

 1. In dune-grid/release2.4.1 there is a dune/grid/alugrid folder. This
    folder is gone in master branch. Hence I assume that it is/was for
    the old legacy ALUgrid package (i.e. the one which is not a dune
    module but third party library). Correct: yes/no
 2. If I am correct and want to use 3d alugrid, should i only include
    files from dune/alugrid/... which comes from the dune-alugrid
    package? yes/no?
 3. How to deal with the config.h files in the several dune-modules? I
    REALLY want to avoid having a config.h file in my own project.
    Should i set the appropriate HAVE_FOOBAR (or was it ENABLE_FOOBAR)
    flags within my own CMakeLists file (i.e. where i check for the
    different dune-modules)

I think #3 is hard, but I'm willing to walk through the pain!

Thanks,
Martin