[Dune] Userwiki end of life: 04.10.16

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Aug 5 10:37:32 CEST 2016

Hi Andreas,

> Am 05.08.2016 um 09:30 schrieb René Milk <rene.milk at wwu.de>:
>
> On 04.08.2016 16:39, Andreas Dedner wrote:
>> Hi Rene.
>> Perhaps it would be possible to provide a quick guide on how to do that?
>> It really is not a trivial task (at least if one wants to retain the
>> history). The reason for that is I guess mostly the whitespace hock
>> requiring to clean up the whole history...
>> Or is it possible to disable the whitespace hock for private projects?
>> Best
>> Andreas

as part of Dominic’s project to improve software testing, we will enable automatic
testing on the GitLab server this fall. The whitespace check can then become one
of the tests that is run for all merge requests and we can remove the hook that
currently does it. That will require everything to go through a merge request, though.

Turning the hook off for individual repositories isn’t really feasible.

Cheers
Steffen