[Dune] How to get rid of Lapack?

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Feb 9 14:17:19 CET 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 10:15:43AM +0100, Aleksejs Fomins wrote:
> I have Lapack and CLapack installed on my system.
>
> I want to use CLapack in my code. However, Dune finds Lapack, and passes the Lapack library to my executable, thus causing name conflict.
>
> Would it be possible to explicitly exclude a library from a project with CMake?

We are using the shipped FindLapack module (see cmake --help-module
FindLAPACK). It only searches for the fortran version and always
assumes that fortran_name function is mangeled as fortran_name_. (Does
not seem very portable to me)

It seems like CLapack uses the same function names (with an underscore
added). Therefore you cannnot use both at the same time with getting
linker problems, or hacking the whole buildsystem of DUNE/cmake to
work without the fortran library.

Seems like a lot of work. As Clapack is only an f2ced version of
lapack I fail to see what it would buy you.

Cheers,

Markus
Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858