[Dune] Extract neighbouring element opposite to a certain vertex

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 15:29:07 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a simplex entity and I want to extract the neighbouring element opposite to the vertex with local index vtxIdx.

Therefore I need to find the intersection opposite to this vertex.

This intersection has local index faceIdx=worlddim-vtxIdx. Is it right?

So if I extract entity.template subEntity<1>(faceIdx) I should be able to extract this face. Am I correct? But the face extracted in this way is not an intersection therefore I can't use it to find the neighbouring entity. Is there a solution here?

The other solution is to loop over the intersections and extract the vtxIdx-th one. But does it work always? Or which is the ordering of this intersections?

I would expect to have them sorted accordingly the face local index (so faceIdx) but that seems not to be the case. What am I missing?

Thank you very much for your help,

cheers,

Marco.