[Dune] installing dune grid and dune alugrid

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Mon Jun 13 17:43:59 CEST 2016

Good morning,
I'm trying to build dune-grid and dune-alugrid without success.
The only instructions I found to do this are here
http://www.dune-project.org/doc/installation-notes.html
I would like to build
dune-common
dune-geometry
dune-grid
dune-alugrid
for parallel runs, but I have some error messages in both dune-grid and dune-alugrid building, launching
dune-common-2.4.1/bin/dunecontrol --opts=file.opts all
after having uncompressed all the tar archive
, and specifically

-- Performing tests specific to dune-grid from file /home/marco/workspace/dune/2.4/dune-grid-2.4.1/cmake/modules/DuneGridMacros.cmake.
-- checking for module 'alugrid'
--   package 'alugrid' not found
-- checking for module 'alugrid'
--   package 'alugrid' not found
-- Could NOT find ALUGrid (missing:  ALUGRID_VERSION ALUGRID_INCLUDE_PATH ALUGRID_LIB ALUGRID_LIB_PATH ALULIB_FUNCTIONAL HAVE_ALUGRID_SERIAL_H)

in both dune-grid and dune-alugrid building.
What am I not understanding?

If I try to build a new project module including dune/grid/alugrid/3d/iterator.hh the compilation crashes with
/home/marco/workspace/dune/2.4/dune-grid-2.4.1/dune/grid/alugrid/3d/alu3dinclude.hh:37:28: fatal error: alugrid_serial.h: File o directory non esistente
And why should it look for alugrid_serial.hh in place of alugrid_parallel.hh, while in my opts file I have --enable-parallel??

Thanks,
Marco