[Dune] installing dune grid and dune alugrid

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jun 13 18:24:22 CEST 2016

Hi Marco,

Christoph is right. ALUGrid and its DUNE bindings were integrated into one
DUNE module: dune-alugrid. This module is quite self-contained, apart from its
dependency on DUNE and optional support for libraries like Zoltan or Zlib.

To use dune-alugrid, you may _not_ install the old ALUGrid libarry - otherwise
you get the old implementation from dune-grid. The reason is that dune-alugrid
reuses the names that were taken in dune-grid. That's fine, if ALUGrid is not
found. Otherwise, we simply disable dune-alugrid.

The check for the alugrid library comes from dune-grid and is done by the old
ALUGrid bindings. In order to use dune-alugrid properly, this check _must fail_.

In theory, you should also be able to use dune-grid with the old ALUGrid
library (without dune-alugrid). This option will be gone after the 2.4 release.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Best,

Martin