[Dune] [GSoC2016] interested in participating

Maikel Nadolski nadolski at math.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 7 08:55:37 CET 2016

Hi,

I got an email from Prof. Klein on saturday about this project and GSOC
2016. I am interested in participating and hereby try to get in touch
with you and report myself to someone.

I started to read the page

https://users.dune-project.org/projects/gsoc2016/wiki/Wiki

and followed a couple of links. I will attack some "junior jobs" this
week but I probably come back with some questions.

As for my current preference after I am done with playing around with
Dune, I would aim for one of the projects

Project 2: Write a grid backend based on the p4est library
Mentors: Oliver Sander

or

Project 3: Dynamic load-balancing for UGGrid
Mentors: Bernd Flemisch

Currently I work for Prof. Klein at the FU Berlin. I do some C++
programming for a flow solver for atmospheric applications based on the
open source library "SAMRAI" to handle mesh refinement and so on. My
office is the Arnimallee 6, Room 018.

Cheers,

Maikel Nadolski