[Dune] Store Data in grid cells

Schock, Justus justus.schock at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Mar 25 01:50:44 CET 2016

Dear Duners,

I want to use DUNE for solving PDEs (just like the Poisson-Equation or the Diffusion-Equation).

This is why I want to store some data (like concentration etc.) directly in the cells of the grid.

I even tried using Mappers (as explained in chapter 6 of the How-To) and tried to write something very similar to the elementdata.hh.

?Unfortunately it did not work as expected and I dont't know if it has been the wrong idea in general or only a wrong implementation.

Furthermore I texperimented a bit with the DGF, trying to pass the cell data directly in the file, the grid is constructed from.

Could anyone just give me a hint or some explanation/link/example how this should be done?

Best,
Justus