[Dune] dune-2.4, cmake and installed core modules

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue May 3 22:31:58 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 10:18:44PM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christian Engwer writes:
> > does anybody have experience with installed modules? I tried using my
> > modules with installed (debian packages) core modules. This horribly
> > failed due to missing symbols.
> >
> > Is this a known issue? Is there a quick-fix?
>
> Did you build your modules against the packages provided by Debian or
> were the binaries compiled elsewhere?
>
> What exactly failed? Did you use any features (that require external
> libraries) not enabled in the Debian modules?

I use the Debian testing (2.4.1) dev packages:
ii  libdune-common-dev:amd64   2.4.1-1      amd64        toolbox for solving PDEs -- basic classes (development files)
ii  libdune-geometry-dev:amd64 2.4.1-1      amd64        toolbox for solving PDEs -- geometry classes (development files)
ii  libdune-grid-dev:amd64     2.4.1-1      amd64        toolbox for solving PDEs -- grid interface (development files)
ii  libdune-istl-dev           2.4.1-1      all          toolbox for solving PDEs -- iterative solvers (development files)
ii  libdune-localfunctions-dev 2.4.1-1      all          toolbox for solving PDEs -- local basis (development files)
ii  libdune-pdelab-dev:amd64   2.4.1-1      amd64        toolbox for solving PDEs -- discretization module (development files)
ii  libdune-typetree-dev       2.4.1-1      all          toolbox for solving PDEs -- typed tree template library (development files)

in addition I have dune-alugrid (branch releases/2.4) and my own
modules.

The strange thing is that the build command includes all the libraries
(even with the full path, which is again strange for installed
libs...), but I still get the linker errors.

Ciao
Christian

PS: I was a bit surprised that the new Debian packages include the
    libs in the dev package