[Dune] website git errors

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 23 16:11:52 CEST 2016

> Am 23.05.2016 um 15:43 schrieb Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
> regarding the switch. I think there are a few things that need to be
> sorted out before:
>
> a) doxygen
>   I think we should first switch to a setup which includes linking to
>   other doxygen instances as this will dramatically increase the
>   usability, but might require some radical changes.

What exactly do you mean by that? The ability to include other documentation sets (e.g. dune-fem)?
That should already work (it is controlled by adding metadata to the frontmatter of a release or
a module). The doxygen documentation is then built in a nightly cron job.

> b) start page
>   I'd like to have something new on the start page in order to
>   "advertise" the new design. I thought about switching the
>   dune-design image into a small carousel gallery. This requires some
>   nice "what we did with Dune" pictures. I there content? Ideally
>   together with a one or two line description!

That would be nice, but I still think we should move to the new website as soon as possible. We can
still add that and have an "official" website announcement later on...

> c) news entries
>   Nearly all news entries are missing right now. I think news entries
>   and meetin minutes should be ported.

That’s a bunch of manual work - we don’t have anyone to do this here in Heidelberg at the moment.
Any volunteers?

> Do you still pay the Hiwi, or is he finished?

The HiWi has been gone for a long time - that was an utter failure, Dominic basically re-did most of his
work and spent as much time again on fixing the Markdown the HiWi had written originally.

Steffen