[Dune] Intersection area and corners

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at optimad.it
Fri May 27 19:13:43 CEST 2016

Hi Martin,

I prepared the smallest case I could do.

It is a bit slow because of the computation of the element parametrizations.

It will print at stdout the corners of the element (index 43) having the sick intersection from the geometry grid and from the host one and the corners of the sick intersection from both grids.

The intersection has index 3 in this element.

As you can see in the geometry grid case corners 0 and 1 of the intersection are not at the same position of corners 6 and 7 of the element.

In the case of the host grid everything works fine.

I would no say the bug is in dune, but I cannot understand why the intersection is not coherent with its element.

It is not evident from this code but the neighbour through this intersection is not coherent too. Its index is 1025.

I remark that using the leaf mapper of the geometry grid crashes the run giving segmantation fault, see line 142 of intersectionBug.cc.
All the test I made are serial.

If you need more feel free to ask.
Thanks for your help,

Marco