[Dune] Fwd: Re: get cell from index?

Gregor Corbin corbin at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Fri Aug 25 15:13:03 CEST 2017

sorry, forgot to reply to the list
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Dune] get cell from index?
Date: 	Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:11:52 +0200
From: 	Gregor Corbin <corbin at mathematik.uni-kl.de>
To: 	Jö Fahlke <jorrit at jorrit.de>

Basically, I want to precompute an extended stencil for each cell for
quick access to its surroundings ( more than just the direct neighbors).

So, having to search is not really an option. I also want to have as
little storage overhead as possible. Its seems like EntitySeeds are the
best option for me. How big are they compared to an int? And how fast is
this grid.entity(entitySeed) method compared to a vector access?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Gregor