[Dune] Regarding the Mailinglists dune-bugs and dune-announce

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Jun 21 14:39:55 CEST 2017

Hi!

During the move of the mailing lists, I found two more defunct mailing lists.

- dune-bugs was used to distribute activity in the flyspray bug tracking
  system.  It worked only briefly after the introduction of gitlab.  At the
  moment it has a misconfigured spam filter that means not even administrative
  mails get through, and on the gitlab side there is probably nothing feeding
  it at the moment.  There are no archives.  These days, people subscribe to
  the issues they are interested in directly in gitlab.

  I intent to remove that list no earlier than 2017-06-28, unless I hear
  objections.

- dune-announce used to be a feed of the news items that appear on our
  website.  There is currently nothing feeding that list, and I'd like that
  changed.

  The best place to do that is probably the CI/CD pipeline for dune-website,
  which is currently used only for checking the website[^1].  The tricky part
  here is to avoid sending the same announcement twice, which means we need to
  keep state -- but the CI system is at the moment running in docker
  containers, which makes it hard to keep state.  Suggestions welcome.

[^1]: Actual deployment of the website is handled by a deamon running in
      Heidelberg, which is only loosely connected to the gitlab CI/CD system.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

[Zum Thema GNOME 3]
(15:11:22) marina: linus ist auf meiner seite