[Dune] State of source in executable

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jun 27 15:01:59 CEST 2017

Hi Max,

> I was wondering whether there was a dune-internal solution to have an
> executable report the state of its sources. I was thinking of some script
> that is called at compile-time through a macro (if possible) and exploits
> git functionality in the sense that it provides the SHA1-IDs of all
> dune-modules used as well as uncommited changes.

we once had such functionality (in the time of subversion), but
oviously this does not work anymore. I also would like to have
something similar, in order to ease reproducibility of numerical
experiments.

I would even suggest to include such functionality in dune-common
(once we have figured out how to do it properly...).

First question would be, it is OK to limit ourselfs to git and
installed modules?

Ciao