[Dune] Linear solve with transposed matrix

Tobias Kasper Skovborg Ritschel tobk at dtu.dk
Wed Mar 29 14:35:17 CEST 2017

Hi

I am currently solving linear systems of equations in the form

A x = b,

with a preconditioned iterative method in Dune. I would also like to solve linear systems with the same system matrix but transposed

A^T x = b.

As far as I can see, the iterative methods and preconditioners in Dune ISTL don't have an option to do so, and I have read<http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune/2015-August/013856.html> that there isn't an option to directly transpose a matrix (which is also not exactly what I want).

The matrix, A, is of the type BCRSMatrix<FieldMatrix<double, 3, 3>>.

What is the easiest way to solve such a system in Dune?

Kind regards
Tobias Ritschel