[Dune] Issue with HAVE_MPI

Benedikt Oswald benedikt.oswald at lspr.swiss
Wed May 17 12:14:02 CEST 2017

Dear Dune,

I understand that HAVE_MPI needs to be defined so that the MPI helper
can deliver a real MPI communicator object.

While using the usual DUNE macros for configuring a project, I get confg.h:

/* Define if you have the MPI library.  */
#define HAVE_MPI ENABLE_MPI

However, when compiling my code with mpicxx (dunecontrol reports finding
them)
I obviously get an error that says that there is no MPI communicator
defined.

The code only compiles if I manually add -DHAVE_MPI

In another Dune based project, this is not the case...I obvious make a
stupid
mistake somewhere, but am at a loss at the cause of the problem.

Would you have a suggestion ?

thanks & greetings, Benedikt

Dr. sc. techn. Benedikt Oswald - first engineer - LSPR AG - phone +41 43 366 90 74
Grubenstrasse 9, CH-8045 Zürich, benedikt.oswald at lspr.swiss