[Dune] Removal of obsolete mailing lists (mostly *-commit)

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue May 30 18:00:59 CEST 2017

Hi!

I'm planning to take over Dune's mailing list server.  While at it, I plan to
discontinue mailing lists that are longer relevant and which don't have any
useful list archives either.

This means mostly commit mailing lists, in particular:

  dune-commit
  dune-functions-commit
  dune-pdelab-commit
  exadune-commit

Commit mails seem to have stopped working around november 2015.  dune-commit
and exadune-commit have no archive to speak of.  dune-functions-commit has
one, but it is private.  Only dune-pdelab-commit has a public archive, but
according to Google[1] nothing of relevance seems to link to it, so I don't
think removing the archive will lead to broken links somewhere on the web.
Apart from that, any historic information contained in those archives should
still be in version control.

[1] Search for linksto:lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune-pdelab-commit/,
    although I am not quite certain the linksto: feature actually still works.

The other mailing list that I intend to discontinue (including effectively
removing the archive) is

  dune-em

dune-em only had four posts in 2011, all by me, and never took off, so I don't
think it is worth the effort.

If you disagree with any of these decisions, now is the opportunity to
complain.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null - und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.
-- A. Einstein