[Dune] Trouble with matrix distribution

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Oct 11 20:58:46 CEST 2017

Hi Kumar,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 04:43:15PM +0200, Kumar, Paras wrote:
> I tried compiling PT-Scotch as mentioned here.
>
> https://www.dr-blatt.de/blog/posts/using-pt-scotch-instead-of-parmetis-for-loadbalancing/
>
> But, when I run my code with this setup I get the following message:
>
> (2): ERROR: SCOTCH_dgraphInit: Scotch compiled with SCOTCH_PTHREAD and
> program not launched with MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE

That seems to be an issue with PTScotch/OpenMPI on your platform being
configured inconsistently:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ERROR%3A+SCOTCH_dgraphInit%3A+Scotch+compiled+with+SCOTCH_PTHREAD+and+program+not+launched+with+MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE&t=ffsb&ia=web

I think you have to adapt your PTScotch configuration accordingly.

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858