[Dune] Can I move the grid in the mesh?

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Aug 30 14:03:27 CEST 2018

Dear Junming Duan,

in principal it is possible to achieve what you want to do. Actually there are different ways. Which one is better will depend on your particular setup.

A) DUNE offers a range of different good implementations. The UG-grid implementation offers support for moving vertices directly in the mesh.

B) There is also the "geometrygrid", which is a meta grid, allowing to replace the geometry information of an existing DUNE grid.

C) As you can write your own discretion (i.e. the local operator), you can incorporate the transformation of the mesh into the model and use the deformation as model parameters to your bi-linear form.

Feel free to ask further details. To decide which option is best, it would be nice to learn more about your application.

Best Christian