[Dune] Local p-refinement in DUNE?

Bryan Doyle btd2 at rice.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:46:44 CET 2018

Hello,
I am attempting to implement the ability to locally refine the polynomial
degree of the function space within my DUNE code, using PDELab. My first
thought was to use DUNE's "CompositeGridFunction" functionality, but I do
not believe this allows for modification of the grid space degree across
the domain.

To do this, would I instead have to code my own finite-element map whose
degree changes across the domain, and make a grid function space out of
that? Are there any tutorials available where such refinement is done? I
don't have any ideas of a starting point, so any thoughts or pointers would
be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Bryan