[Dune] A problem in dune-grid

Shim, Miseon shimm at umkc.edu
Thu Sep 27 18:36:37 CEST 2018

Okay,  I'll to that ๐Ÿ˜Š

I send a link to download file. If the link doesn't work, please let me know.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eQN6T8bYYC3kLvTmARCsTJ8qOIWYXASC/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,

SHIM, MISEON

*
Post-doctoral fellow
Department of Psychiatry
University of Missouri-Kansas City

________________________________
๋ณด๋‚ธ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ: Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>
๋ณด๋‚ธ ๋‚ ์งœ: 2018๋…„ 9์›” 27์ผ ๋ชฉ์š”์ผ ์˜ค์ „ 11:21:24
๋ฐ›๋Š” ์‚ฌ๋žŒ: Shim, Miseon; dune at lists.dune-project.org
์ œ๋ชฉ: RE: [Dune] A problem in dune-grid

Dear Shim,

please always reply to the list...

If you could upload the file somewhere and send a link, would be perfect. Sending large files over the list is not the preferred way.

Best Christian

Am 27. September 2018 17:50:44 MESZ schrieb "Shim, Miseon" <shimm at umkc.edu>:

Thank you Christian,

>> If you construct/read a mesh, you can assign a boundary parametrization (the boundary segment) to each foundary face of the mesh. In your case UG reports, that you have roughly 8 times as many boundary segments as you have faces. This sound pretty much as if your mesh is already invalid.

- Does your sentence mean that I should generate a new mesh model for UG computing?

The mesh file is generated by tetgen program, and I used this file without modify as an input file for computing.

Of course I'm able to provide mesh file to you.  Would I send the mesh file as attachment via email? Or is there other way to send the mesh file to you?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

SHIM, MISEON

*
Post-doctoral fellow
Department of Psychiatry
University of Missouri-Kansas City

________________________________
๋ณด๋‚ธ ์‚ฌ๋žŒ: Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>
๋ฐ›๋Š” ์‚ฌ๋žŒ: Shim, Miseon
์ฐธ์กฐ: dune at lists.dune-project.org
์ œ๋ชฉ: Re: [Dune] A problem in dune-grid

Hi Shim,

welcome to dune :-)

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 08:50:56PM +0000, Shim, Miseon wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I hope you are doing well!
>

> A problem was occurred when I used dune-grid via duneuro-py. The error message is as follows:
>

> RuntimeError: GridError [createGrid:/Dune/dune-grid/dune/grid/uggrid/uggridfactory.cc:275]: You have supplied 868420 parametrized boundary segments, but the coarse grid has only 119990 boundary faces!
>
> What is the meaning of this error?

If you construct/read a mesh, you can assign a boundary
parametrization (the boundary segment) to each foundary face of the
mesh. In your case UG reports, that you have roughly 8 times as many
boundary segments as you have faces. This sound pretty much as if your
mesh is already invalid.

- Are you reading a gmsh file? Or how are you constructing the mesh?
- Can you provide the mesh file (or a minimal example)?

> Is there a limitation for the number of boundary segments?

If I remember UGGrid correctly, there is a limitation, but this is not
your problem here and I doubt that you will hit this limit.

> Should I reduce the number of segments?

Does this mean that you manually specify the segments?

Best