[Dune] Specifying MPI Fortran Compiler ?

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Aug 5 19:41:03 CEST 2019

Hi Benedikt,

On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 05:24:17PM +0200, Benedikt Oswald wrote:
> Dear Dune, I recently upgrades to the latest development dune version.
>
> Just one question: how to make dunecontrol find the the mpi fortran
> compiler ?
>
> I specify in the opts file:
>
> ## Paths to modules manually found by Dune
> CMAKE_FLAGS="-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=mpicc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=mpicxx
> -DCMAKE_FC_COMPILER=mpif90 -DMPI_Fortran_Compiler=mpif90 \
>
> etc.
>
> but the MPI Fortran compiler is not found.
>
> It should be mpif90.

That looks basically (nearly) correct.
I guess there are two possibilities:
1. Make sure that you specify the complete path of the compilers. (I recall
   having problems with compilers without it.)
2. Double check that you tell CMake in your toplevel CMakeLists.txt that you
   want to use Fortran:
    project(myproject CC CXX Fortran)
   Otherwise I would assume that CMake will check for an MPI fortran compiler.

HTH and Cheers,

Markus
Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858