[Dune] DUNE and Uncertainty Quantification

Linus Seelinger linus.seelinger at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 18 14:49:51 CET 2019

Hi all,

for those of you interested in uncertainty quantification, I'd like to draw
your attention to the MUQ library (http://muq.mit.edu/).

It's a C++ library with performant and modular implementations of various UQ
algorithms that can easily be coupled with any model code - such as DUNE.

Initially, it was developed at MIT; as part of my thesis, I contributed a
parallelizable Multilevel MCMC framework, coupling it with a DUNE PDE model,
and we are looking to expand the community further.

We are going to hold a workshop on MUQ right after SIAM UQ 2020 in Munich. The
goal is both an introduction to MUQ and a platform for building future
collaborations.

Program and registration can be found at:

https://muq2020.eventbrite.de

Also, if you are interested in MUQ in general, feel free to contact me!

Best,

Linus