[Dune] publications about Dune parallel scalability and performance

Ziad Boutanios ziad.boutanios at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 16:27:37 CET 2019

Hi Christoph,

I have an extensive background in multiphase flows using both FEM and
FVM. My interest in DG for incompressible multiphase simulations stems
from the suitability of the method for hyperbolic problems. It is also
quite good for volume fraction transport equations where the volume
fraction needs to be bounded between 0 and 1.

I recently wrote a CG/DG code for a Eulerian-Eulerian formulation using
UFL with good results but it is very slow compared to FVM. Such a code
can be used for aero-icing, sediment transport, drifting snow,
particulate flow through porous media, etc. Right now I am looking to
modify the equations and make the code faster, maybe use DG for all
equations if it helps parallel runs.

My interest in Dune is due to improved mesh handling and availability of
automatic mesh adaptation. This is a research project I'm doing
part-time for lack of funding but I am open to collaborations if someone
has a common interest and could get involved full-time.

Kind regards,

Ziad