[Dune] Installation problem and some doubts

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 19 16:01:48 CET 2019

You're going to need some additional packages:

  autoconf bison flex libtool pkg-config wget

Even then, the setup scripts fail because they try to use dune-alugrid master
with dune-2.4, so you're going to have to adapt them.

For reference, here is the Dockerfile I used to reproduce
FROM ubuntu:18.04

ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive

RUN apt update
RUN apt install -y git
RUN apt install -y cmake
RUN apt install -y mpich mpich-doc libmpich-dev
RUN apt install -y zlib1g zlib1g-dev
RUN apt install -y texlive
RUN apt install -y texlive-science
RUN apt install -y texlive-latex-extra
RUN apt install -y texlive-bibtex-extra
#RUN apt install -y texlive-math-extra
RUN apt install -y texlive-science
RUN apt install -y texlive-fonts-extra
RUN apt install -y paraview
RUN apt install -y gmsh
# Additional installs
RUN apt install -y autoconf bison flex libtool pkg-config wget

RUN adduser test --disabled-password
USER test

WORKDIR /home/test

RUN git clone http://conan2.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/git/peter/dune-installer.git
RUN ./dune-installer/core-2.4.1/installer.sh my-dune-dir
WORKDIR my-dune-dir
RUN ./buildmodules.sh