[Dune] Element transformation/renumbering in GridFactory

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Apr 13 11:50:12 CEST 2020

Hi Simon,

>Does this include the local numbering of ther vertices in an element?
>Yes, I can get the insertion index of an element or a vertex index, but
>how to extract from this the changed local numbering of an element. (Do
>I mix something up here?)

No, I don't think this is currently possible.

Could you give an example of what you are trying to achieve in the end? Perhaps there is an alternative approach?!

If you are storing a grid parameterization, you can store a P1/Q1 function. Surely this is not sufficient to store higher order mappings. You could work around this problem by storing an element local higher order representation. The second yields the parameterization up to a local transformation. The transformation should be deducible from the two representations, as the linear part of the full representation has to match the very based representation. Not nice, but a start.

Besides this I'm sure people would be glad about a good proposal for an improved factory interface :-)