[Dune] VTKSequenceWriter and Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<double, 3>>

HELFER Thomas 202608 thomas.helfer at cea.fr
Fri Apr 17 18:22:07 CEST 2020

Hi,

yet another question.

This time about the VTKSequenceWriter class and its usage to save a result iof the type Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<double, 3>>.
Is it possible.

More precisely, I want to translate the following lines that works with VTKWriter:

~~~~
         const auto xh =
             Dune::Functions::makeDiscreteGlobalBasisFunction<Dune::FieldVector<double,
             dime>>(vtk_basis,
                                                                                               x);
         vtkWriter.addVertexData(
             xh, Dune::VTK::FieldInfo("displacement", Dune::VTK::FieldInfo::Type::vector,
             dime));
         vtkWriter.write("dune-mgis-elasticity");
~~~~

Two issues here:

1. I needed to convert my field in a function by using a power basis. I don't if it is compatible with the VTKSequenceWriter way of doing things.
2. It does not seem that the write methods of the VTKSequenceWriterBase class have a parameter of the FieldInfo type.

Thanks for your patience and help,

Thomas Helfer