[Dune] Dune and spack

Gauthier Folzan gauthier.folzan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:12:16 CEST 2020

Hi
I'm a new user of the Dune framework. I work in a small team which develops
cast3m (http://www-cast3m.cea.fr)  and we would like to assess Dune to
build a new code in non-linear thermo-mechanics.
I wanted to compile it with spack as it handles all the dependencies
installations and linking but I only found Dominic Kempf git repo (
https://gitlab.dune-project.org/dominic/dune-spack/-/tree/master/packages).
I've read that it is in pause and it looks like it was intented for the
previous build system (maybe I understood wrongly).
So I wrote a small spack repo. I'm not sure of all the compilation options
but it works at least for me.
Does someone use spack to compile Dune ? If it can be useful to someone,
the spack repo is on github.
Cheers
Gauthier Folzan