[Dune] Radial grid in Dune (curvilinear grids)

Timo Koch timo.koch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri May 15 12:01:16 CEST 2020

Dear Cintia,

there is an implementation in Dumux:

* https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/-/tree/master/examples%2F1protationsymmetry <https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/-/tree/master/examples/1protationsymmetry>
* https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/-/blob/master/dumux/discretization/rotationsymmetricgridgeometrytraits.hh <https://git.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/dumux-repositories/dumux/-/blob/master/dumux/discretization/rotationsymmetricgridgeometrytraits.hh>

However the implementation is based on the additional finite volume abstraction of Dumux with (sub)control-volumes and (sub)control-volume-faces.
Volumes and faces are “extruded” by rotational extrusion based on Guldinus theorem.

But maybe it helps at least how you could easily achieve this.

Timo

Timo Koch                                      phone: +49 711 685 64676
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                  fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61         email: timo.koch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart             url: www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/en/lh2/