[Dune] Dune license

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Sep 21 09:47:01 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 12:00:05PM +0200, Christian Engwer wrote:
> Dear Yimin,
>
> the license has the same implications as LGPL, but is compatible with template code.
>
> This means, you are allowed to use a license of your choice for any code built ontop of DUNE, but modifications of the DUNE code need to be published under the same license.
>
> Still we encourage you to publish your code under an open source license, as we believe that scientific progress needs freedom.
>
> Best
> Christian

I second Christian on this one as you will be using dune-istl as a library only. (What Andreas describes is something
totally different. That might happen if you start copying code to another repository and modify it there.)

Of course it might make a lot of sense, to add the C-binding directly to dune-istl via a merge request. These might be turn
out useful for other peoples, too. Let's help them. IMHO that is also the cleanest approach considering software maintenance
and you might find help more easily.

As I am one of the main developers of the code, I would be very happy if you would share, what solvers of dune-istl you will be using
and what made you choose it.

Cheers,

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858