[Dune] Weird problem

Daniel Repp daniel.repp at uni-jena.de
Thu Aug 26 12:09:06 CEST 2021

Hello,

yesterday, I succesfully build dune-common. Sadly, I forgot to build the other modules, so I downloaded the tarballs (all version 2.7.1), removed my build of dune-common, then unpacked all tarballs (of course including again dune-common-2.7.1), and then tried to rebuild dune via the command:

./dune-common-2.7.1/bin/dunecontrol --opts=dune.opts all

My opts file is simpy this:

CMAKE_FLAGS="-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ \
             -DSTDTHREAD_LINK_FLAGS=\"-pthread\" \
             -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/my/secret/location"

But it seems like dunecontrol does not find my modules:

--- going to build  ---
--- done ---

I had this problem yesterday, when I was calling dunecontrol directly out of dune-common-2.7.1/bin; I solved it by jumping to the folder containing dune-common-2.7.1. So I tried the same (jumping up in the folder structure) and adjusted all paths in the opts file and the command accordingly, but nothing was found.

So I guess the question is: How can I tell dunecontrol directly what to build? Or is there another solution?

Best Regards
Daniel Repp