[Dune] Weird problem

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Thu Aug 26 12:54:49 CEST 2021

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 10:09:06AM +0000, Daniel Repp wrote:
>./dune-common-2.7.1/bin/dunecontrol --opts=dune.opts all
>

>My opts file is simpy this:
>

>CMAKE_FLAGS="-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ \
>             -DSTDTHREAD_LINK_FLAGS=\"-pthread\" \
>             -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/my/secret/location"
>
>But it seems like dunecontrol does not find my modules:
>
>--- going to build  ---
>--- done ---
>

>I had this problem yesterday, when I was calling dunecontrol directly out of dune-common-2.7.1/bin; I solved it by jumping to the folder containing dune-common-2.7.1.

By default dunecontrol searches for dune.module files below the current directory and the default system installation path. You probably did not
install any modules at the default system location and there now dune.module files below dune-common-2.7.1/bin.

Just always call it in the directory where all modules reside (or adjust the DUNE_CONTROL_PATH variable with where to search for, I have nearly
 never done that BTW).

>So I guess the question is: How can I tell dunecontrol directly what to build? Or is there another solution?

dunecontrol --only=dune-common,dune-grid

will only build the list modules

dunecontrol --module=dune-grid

will build the modules together with the dependencies.

Markus