[Dune] Handling of mortar crosspoints

Max Sagebaum max.sagebaum at scicomp.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 30 14:35:36 CEST 2021

Hello @ all,

I am using  the DUNE FEM assembly to create the FEM Matrix for a simple Laplace equation. The mesh consists of several blocks, that are connected via 1to1 interface or unstructured interfaces (Abutting1to1 or Abutting). I use the mortar method in order to handle the connections between these blocks.

I am now facing the challenge, that I have to handle the crosspoints of the mortar interface (the points/edges where multiple mortar interfaces meet).  I know the theory that the Dual Langrange elements have to be modified for elements that contain such crosspoints. Before I start to implement these modifications myself, I wanted to ask if this is already available in DUNE?

Thanks

Max Sagebaum