[Dune] Question about installation

Samuel Burbulla samuel.burbulla at mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed May 19 14:13:34 CEST 2021

Dear Sergio,

looks like something messed up with your installation. Dune is not able to find the installed modules.

At the time first importing dune.grid, it should print

DUNE-INFO: Creating new dune-py module in /your/virtual/env/.cache/dune-py

telling you that it configures the dune environment for just-in-time compilation.
It should do this before even your error can occur - but it doesn’t in your case.

Could you try to set up a fresh installation in a new environment?

I am not completely sure how you set up your installation, but I usually set up a new Dune environment with the following sequence of commands:

python3 -m venv dune-env
source dune-env/bin/activate
pip install dune-grid
python -m dune.grid