[Dune-devel] TikZ figures for dune-grid-howto

Oliver Sander sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 25 10:02:55 CEST 2012

Hi,
I think we can all agree that the xfig file format is very outdated and
should be replaced by something else.  That "something else" is likely
to be svg.
As for psfrag: I always liked psfrag, but I agree that people want to use
pdflatex directly.  Personally I do the following nowadays: Inkscape lets
you render LaTeX formulas directly (Erweiterungen->Rendern-LaTeX-Formel).
The formula becomes part of the drawing, it looks beautiful.  The only
catch is that you need to be careful to get the font sizes right.
Would that be satisfying to everyone?