[Dune-devel] [Dune] Regarding the "Add Performance Testing to DUNE" project !!

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Apr 10 16:44:27 CEST 2013

Hi Kartik,

Please read http://www.dune-project.org/gsoc/2013/index.html
again. Especially the part about where to ask questions again.
We will usually not answer here.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 07:44:18PM +0530, Kartik A wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm 3rd year CSE undergraduate from IIIT Hyderabad and I am interested
> in "Add performance Testing to DUNE" project . Can you point me in right
> direction about how to get started with and how to contact the project
> mentors for frequent queries(chat room if any)

Please follow the link in the first paragraph on the same page and
read the "get started Howto".

>, any work on it if any ,
> and does the project even includes recognizing the compiler, code commits (
> to detect recent and older changes)

As a student, I would assume that. Why not check out the the
dune-common subversion repository and and build it yourself. Probably all the
output is printed on your screen. Please read the build system howto
to learn how to specify different compilers.

>and recording the performance time
> accordingly ?

Some work should be done by the students...

Regards,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658