[Dune-devel] Regarding GSoC 2013

Elena Petrevska elenapetrevska77 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 23:51:28 CEST 2013

To whom it may concern,

Good evening,

My name is Elena Petrevska, and I am interested in Project 4, i.e. "*Add
Performance Testing to DUNE*".
I am a student at Hochschule Mannheim in Germany, studying Automation
Technology (Automatisierungstechnik) and currently enrolled in the second
semester of my studies.

This project interests me a lot as it combines the Linux with C++ and
Software testing. It is definitely the winning combination for my dream
project, as I am using Linux around 1,5 year from now, and being engaged
with C and C++ programming as part of my university, but even before, as I
have had a desire to learn it. Regarding Linux, I started by using Ubuntu,
but now I am using simultaneously Archlinux and Ubuntu. Along with the
desire for using Linux came the desire of participating on GSoC.
Unfortunately, last year I was not a university student and could not
apply, but I applied to GWOP (GNOME Women Outreach Program) and got
involved into the Web Development team [*1*]. Here is my blog, where I
posted some of the most important points during the project last year [*2*].

During these last two days, I was going through the DUNE website, reading
over some of the "Publications and Talks" and trying to implement some
howto's manuals. Some of the presentations helped me understand more about
the DUNE functionality and usage (one that I found very helpful was this
one [*3*]). I installed all modules and experimented with it. I was getting
familiar with DUNE and it's way of working, but also creating new modules
using this manual [*4*].

Still, I think there is much more to be experimented and discovered than
the time allows. That's the reason why, I would be really thankful if
someone gives me some hints of what to concentrate on regarding the "*Add
Performance Testing to DUNE*" Project, and what to do in order to become
familiar with the Unit Tests and System Test that should be implemented for
testing the software.

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely,
Elena Petrevska.