[Dune-devel] GSOC2013

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Apr 11 10:50:39 CEST 2013

Hi Shailesh,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:30:58AM +0530, shailesh borkar wrote:
> Hello everyone, Myself Shailesh Borkar, third year B-Tech student of
> Information Technology at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai,
> India.
> I would like  to contribute for DUNE as a GSOC 2013 student. I am
> interested in "Implement Inserter Concept for DUNE's (Sparse) Matrices"
> project.

This turns out be a rather popular project.

> I have read about the "Generic Compressed Sparse Matrix Insertion" and have
> gone through "http://www.simunova.com/docs/mtl4/html/matrix__insertion.html"
> and found it very interesting to work on.
> I am very good in C++(templates and STL) and my expertise lies in Algorithm
> Development.I am new to DUNE and also to open source development but i can
> learn the things fast.so if I get an opportunity to work on this, I will
> try my best to complete this task.

We are sure you will. In the meantime you can have a closer look at
http://www.dune-project.org/gsoc/getstarted.html
and take the time to learn a little more about the dune-istl module in
particular.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658