[Dune-devel] GSOC13

shailesh borkar shaileshborkar9 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 22:27:54 CEST 2013

hello Markus sir,
This is regarding "implement inserter for Dune's sparse matrix".
I have built dune and started reading and working on the source files
inside dune-istl module.
I have also implemented an simple inserter for understanding of project and
to see which data structure(DS) will  be most suitable for  inserter, you
can check it from "
https://github.com/shaileshpb/Spoj_solutions/blob/master/dune-inserter.cpp"
here. I have created new repo at github but while pushing, it was giving
some error because i already have my another working repo so couldn't push
it into new repo, but i will change it soon.
I have some confusion related to  DS we are going to use for inserter
because as for now i only know that we have to store three things which are
rows, columns and values, but i don't know what kind of operations we will
be performing using inserters on matrix. I checked out some dune modules
and found that fieldMatrix or BlockVector can be good DS for inserter
because these provide most of the methods that we will need to perform
operation on matrix.
Please correct me if i am wrong and guide me to start work on project.
Thanks :-)