[Dune-devel] Application run-time for add performance testing.

Kartik A kartik.a9111 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 11:57:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

   While working on this project and trying to find out various measures
for software testing I got a idea to implement this code

#include<iostream>
#include<cstdio>
#include<time.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){

    clock_t t1,t2;

   t1=clock();
     /*

       Code to be written here (For application run time measurement)

     */
   t2=clock();
   float time_taken=((float)t2-(float)t1);  //This would give difference in
number of clock ticks
   float time_in_sec = time_taken/CLOCKS_PER_SEC; // Would give us the time
in seconds
  cout<<time_in_sec<<endl;
  system("pause");
  return 0;

}

Can someone suggest me the timescale for measurement and a sample DUNE
testing platform for it. Besides I would like to know if the code built
matches to the requirement .  Still not clear with the UNIT TEST part . As
that part can only be implemented by the developer himself , does the
description say that even that needs to be implemented ?

Regards,
Kartik.